- 2 lbs bone-in chicken
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
HONEY BUTTER SAUCE:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 2-3 dried red chilies optional
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl combine the water and salt.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Using a paper towel pat dry the chicken and let it come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine the all-purpose flour cornstarch granulated garlic onion powder paprika eggs a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in the flour-egg mixture and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- To make the honey butter sauce melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the honey dried chilies and red crushed pepper. Stir and season with salt.
- Let the sauce thicken and then place the crispy chicken in the skillet and coat with the honey butter sauce.
- Serve with warm butter biscuits and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site