- 3 cups flour (Either spelt or unbleached all-purpose or a combination of both)
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt (you can find my favorite salt here)
- 6 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs strong coffee (or you can use instant coffee dissolved in the water)
- 2 cups warm temperature water
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans or one 13 x 9 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour sugar salt cocoa powder baking soda and ginger stirring to mix well.
- Add melted and cooled coconut oil vanilla and warm water. (If using instant coffee dissolve the coffee into the warm water first making sure it’s fully dissolved.) Stir well to combine.
- Add coffee and apple cider vinegar stirring well to make sure there are no lumps in the batter. The batter will foam up a bit as the baking soda reacts with the acid in the vinegar and the coffee.
- Pour batter into cake pans and bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If you use a 13 x 9 pan rather than two cake pans the cake might take a bit longer to bake through.)
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here