- 1 cup (250 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cups (240 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a handheld mixer beat the peanut butter and butter together until well combined. Add the powdered sugar vanilla extract and salt and mix until fully combined stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Using a one tablespoon measuring spoon or cookie scoop scoop the peanut butter mixture roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet with the peanut butter balls to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-30 second increments stirring well after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove the baking sheet with the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Dip each peanut butter ball in the melted chocolate then return to the baking sheet.
- Once all of the peanut butter balls are coated in the chocolate transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the chocolate is hardened.
This article and recipe adapted from this site